Friday, January 20, 2006




Two recent successes: 1) Surgery last Thrusday, 2) Let out of the hospital (what were they thinking?). Last Thursdays surgery went as well as could be expected. The doctor found that two of my left ear bones were completely demolished and installed replacment parts. I'll see in about five weeks how successful that was. In addition, he cleared part of my left neck filled with all sorts of crap (technical term) to make room for my left facial nerve to grow together. I'll know how successfu this part was in 6-12 months. And last, but in no way least, my right eye was sewn shut to protect the cornea. Ouch! The doctors all expect me to make a full recovery with the exception of my right optical nerve. I'll try to prove them wrong, but it would be nice, at least for the dump truck, to have one victory. I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid.

I'm back at home living with my Mom, Step-Dad, and sister, Brenna. Trying to get use to life out of the hospital, and working on eating more solid foods. In fact, since I've been back we haven't had to use the blender once. A small success. I have out patient therapy 3-days a week, and am trying to keep myself busy, but not too busy.

This has been another addition of the blog that keeps on blogging. Even the tail gate of a dump truck in a third world country can't stop it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home