Monday, November 07, 2005

The dry season cometh…

If Monday was any indication of things to come I’ll be good and melted in the next few weeks. The unusually prolonged rainy season appears to be coming to an end, and it has given way to one heck of a dry season. The temperature, I’d estimate, is in the mid-90s with almost 100% humidity. Where as earlier I’d been voicing my opinion about the constantly muddy roads due to torrential rains, I now know the alternative. Is there no middle ground?! I’ve been told that the unrelenting heat will continue to rise until it reaches its zenith in January. It’s strange knowing that soon the snow will begin to fall back home while I smolder away. The timing of the year is almost surreal. November has begun, you say? Hmmm, I never would have imagined. So, as you are all cozy in front of the blazing fire in the coming months I will be sharing in a similar experience. Similar in the aspect of unrelenting heat, and cozy in that the constant sweat my body permeates will keep me nice and enveloped. Relief, though, comes in the form of the fan. Since AC is extremely rare I must depend upon this antiquated device for cool. But due to the occasional brownout that last much of the day, and have increased in frequency, the spell of that airy goodness is short and rarely lived. Of course, I can always seek out the cold shower at day’s end. Who would have thought something I would have complained about back home has so many advantages?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home