Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year to one and all!

Apparently, life wanted to test me to see if I still laugh when it gives me a great big haymaker to the chops. Ha, ha, ha! Still laughing, although it does tend to hurt slightly more than it used to.

Thank you to my Dad for updating my blog as well as visiting me during my month long stay in Pretoria, South Africa. To give you a more current assessment of my injuries, here we go: Right side of my face is paralyzed, but, good news, nerves are intact; so all feeling should come back within the coming months. Left side has feeling, but the nerves are not connected to the muscle. Therefore, I’ll have to have surgery to repair the left nerve in the next two weeks. This nerve, along with broken bone, has led to hearing loss in the left ear. In addition, both my eyes are unable to look passed the midpoint and my right eye is still pretty cloudy. The verdict is still out on what the solution is for my eyes, but next week brings two more appointments from eye doctors.

All in all, I’m a mess. But really I’m doing just fine and the doctors expect, with time, for everything to comeback. I want to thank all the doctors, nurses, and techs at Craig Hospital for delivering great care. Also, a huge, gargantuan THANK YOU to all my family and friends for all their support. Bottom line, it is very good to be home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Miesko said...

Hey there, my name is Lindsay, and I'm a new volunteer in Cameroon. So, I was reading the comment that you left for me on thirdgoal, and I clicked your link, and --holy cow-- you're the kid we heard so much about in stage. The things PCVs will do to get a free trip to South Africa!!! Just kidding. Ashia ...to say the least! So I just wanted to let you know that, even though we don't know you, myself and the rest of my stagemates are just so glad that you're okay. ...And that you showed that dumptruck who's boss.

When you come back, look me up. I'm posted in Mbengwi here in the Northwest.

--Lindsay

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home