Monday, September 05, 2005

Potential tragedy averted!! Cameroon 3 Ivory Coast 2. The world is a safer place. Cameroon has one more World Cup qualifying match against Egypt, a game they should win. If they do, they're in. I know my fingers are crossed.

So, after the victory I went out with a group of friends to see how the country was reacting. My God, they love their football! People running through the streets, whistling, singing, and waving flags. Simply breathtaking. I couldn't help but smile. There are no better people on this Earth who deserve such a victory and a reason to celebrate.

The next few weeks will be continued adjustment as I don't start work at CamCCUL until September 26th. In the meantime, I'm getting my house clean, purchasing furniture, and turning it into a home. I'm also keeping myself busy playing football every Sunday with the local guys. It's a great time, but the field is horrible. I see broken ankles in my future.

Kids started back to school today, and the local activity has increased significantly. I've been told that from now until January business will be booming, so I'm interested to see what that looks like. The thing that continues to bug me is the fact that there is so much money in this country, but it is highly concentrated in the hands of few. I'm hoping through the work with the credit unions we can help locals to create their own wealth.

A picture disclaimer...
I'm having a tough time not only taking pictures, but posting them, so I apologize. Taking them is a problem because of theft and the level of attention it creates. Posting them is tough because I haven't found a cafe where I can use my laptop without getting charged up the wazoo and I haven't found a cheap flash drive yet. Soon I hope these issues will be resolved. Thank you for your continued patience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo we got Dave to participate in blogging ;) Good to hear Cameroon won, I was worried about the whole riot thing... Gas update - 3.10 a gallon (Premium). Oh, and CU won. Yippie. Eric, if I mail you a jumpdrive or two will you receive them? Or a memory card adapter for your PC? I don't know how well the mail system works there.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or better yet...what about a digital camera that writes directly to cds?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home